Thursday, February 23, 2012

And the Color Is...

People who work in the fashion industry must rarely live in the moment. They are consumed by what we will be wearing two seasons from now.  For example, NY Fashion Week just had the Fall 2012 styles gracing the runways.

I also rarely live in the moment.  And I too am obsessing over Fall clothing.  But in my case, it's the Fall clothes that spent last June, July and August in my "every-day" closet while I ran up and down the stairs, rummaging for sundresses and capris in the "off-season" closet.  The problem amazingly resolved itself with the approach of September 2011, but with today's forecast high a balmy 72, I have the feeling I'm headed for trouble...again.

With this much lead time for fashions (not to mention my aforementioned Spring fever), my curiosity was piqued.  I wondered what had been shown during Spring 2012 Fashion Week waaaay back one year ago.  This turned into an interesting little project with a surprising bonus for me at its conclusion.  Here's a bit of what I learned.*

The fashion industry's love for green, in all shades, will continue into Spring unabated. Strong reds also remain popular.

Add blues to the palette. And yellow.

Now imagine tangerines and oranges -- great, big, bold colors -- softened by splashes of pink and touches of coral.

The bonus surprise for me?  I love black and white.  It can be fun, sophisticated, or dramatic.  It's the color combo that transcends the seasons.  I had already decided to include a line of black and white items in my shop for Spring.  So, you can see why I was tickled pink (?) when one reviewer wrote, "...and for contrast, bold black and white."


 First in a New Design 89 Spring Line of Black and White Accessories
Spectator Bag Crocheted in Black and White
Now Available at Design 89



Warmly,
Maddy



*multiple sources
 Photo credits for knit designs to Vogue Knitting Magazine, Winter 2012 Issue

3 comments:

  1. Love it Maddy, there's only so many colours so we're bound to be in fashion at some point, or are we always ahead. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a bit of Fashion Week on the Style Network and I did notice that knitted and crocheted items were to be the trend for fall in a big way. You are already on target my friend! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white are classics!! Perfect for any occasion. Nicely done. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete