Monday, February 27, 2012

The Best Laid Plans?

What a crazy weekend this turned it to be!  And who was it that said, "The best laid plans of mice and men..."  Was he ever right!  It all started back art Thanksgiving.  Yes, that's right.  Back in November 2011 when I caught a cold (or something) that I have yet to get rid of.  I mentioned in my profile that I have problems with my breathing.  It's COPD and it has the potential to cause every little infection or virus to become a major respiratory problem for me.  I've been going through another flare-up and in spite of my doctors' best efforts, it is getting the best of me.  But I was absolutely determined to get to the g-kids' taekwondo belt qualifying along with a trip to my LYS (local yarn shop), and both those after breakfast at IHOP.  After all, it was Saturday!  My weary self could not get up in time to see the g-kids.  Very disappointing.  Breakfast became brunch - that was acceptable.  The LYS stop was a disaster and that's all I'll say about that, except that now I understand why Steve was so determined that I was not driving by myself.  Enough about that!

Emma and Andy, each holding their broken boards, proudly receive Their Newly Earned Yellow Belts from Master Tim.


 
After much more hand sewing than I ever had anticipated, or would have liked!, the three crocheted spectator bags that I began working on...see ms like months ago...but it was really only the week of the 13th are finally completed and listed in my shop. You can see the individual listings at
www.design89.etsy.com but here is a sneak peek of a group picture. I am quite pleased with the final results and I do want to give thanks and credit to the designer of the Spectator Bags patterns, Mary Jane Protus, for her lovely creations and to Coats and Clark, Inc. for the .pdf file.

INSERT GROUP PICRUDE OF B&W BAGS


By the way, my curiosity got the best of me and I did look up the quote about "The best laid plans of mice and men..." Y'all may have already known this, but the line comes from a poem entitled "To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest with the Plough" written in 1785 by the Scots poet Robert Burns. The line so often paraphrased into English and quoted is, "But little Mouse, you are not alone, In you proving foresight may be vain: The best-laid plans of mice and men Often go awry."

And so they do.

Warmly,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment